Southwest Kansas Divorce Lawyer

Nobody plans on a divorce, but people and relationships do change. Sometimes that change involves ending a relationship. When such a change occurs, it is likely to be a very stressful time. My job is to help you navigate the choppy waters of life. For clients who find themselves in such a situation, I will help you steady the rocking boat.

What is the 'Standard' for Divorce?

There is no 'standard' for divorce. People are different. Each situation is unique. There are different types of divorces and different approaches for each. Not all divorces have to be a long drawn out court battle. If you and your spouse have separated, there are no children and there is not a dispute over property, a divorce can be obtained relatively quickly, cheaply and without being emotionally draining.

If there are children involved, the best interest of the children will be paramount to the court. The issues that the court will decide will be custody, a parenting schedule, spousal support, child support and division of the property. These issues often become emotionally charged. I firmly believe that the best result for the parties, and the children involved, is one reached by agreement of the parties. It results in better communication between the parties as they move forward with their lives, and better co-parenting agreements.

How to Reach a Divorce Agreement

Reaching an agreement with an estranged spouse is not always possible though. Sometimes, one party to the divorce are so overcome with emotions that their emotions interfere with reasonable decision-making. Other times, there are reasonable differences about what is in the best interests of the children. When these events occur, you need a zealous advocate to litigate for you. I will look out for you. In addition to focusing on your interests, I will also seek to ensure that the best interests of your children are safeguarded.

I offer a free consultation to sit down and discuss your needs. I will outline for you what the divorce process looks like and what you can expect in your situation. As a divorce attorney, I will clearly outline what services I provide, the cost of the services, and the timeline from filing a petition for divorce to obtaining a divorce decree. If you have questions, you will get answers. Call Joseph T. Welsh, Attorney at Law at (620) 510-5030.

Contact Us